Encourage an artistic spirit in children with 36 kid-friendly fine art projects in paper, clay, textiles, sculpture, and jewelry. Each project is inspired by the work of a prominent artist and is illustrated with step-by-step color photographs of the process as well as finished samples and variations. Have fun exploring:
- paper by making paper bead figures from magazines, pipe cleaners, wooden beads, and other common supplies.
- clay by creating whimsical pinch pot birds.
- textiles by making a nature weaving with two branches, various items collected from nature, yarn, string, ribbon, and glue.
- sculpture by creating a little world featuring miniature plants, animals, and objects under a stemless wineglass.
- jewelry by making a modern cameo pin from tiny beads, cardstock, felt, pin, and glue.